Monday, September 10, 2007

School Days


Here's that obligatory "First Day of School" picture for you, Mom!
We just started our third week of class, but are still not on campus. The road is supposedly done, but heavy rains make it a little bit of a safety concern while the road is still 'settling.'
I wrote my first academic paper in five years last week! It's amazing how different my study habits are compared to undergrad---I've done (virtually) all the reading, done it EARLY on occassion, and got a full night's sleep before the paper was due (too old for an all nighter!).
I was most excited when a prof from my department (international law) gave a lecture---it was the best one yet and totally got me excited for our course to start. (We're all taking a Foundation in Peace and Conflict Studies course right now.) We have 75 min of lecture, 30 min break, 75 min small seminar (so only actually busy from 9-12 everyday). This course is over at the end of this week.

No comments: